Welcome to the website for Commando Kids 2012 – your chance to experience the Royal Marines, raise money for injured Commandos and have lots of fun! But you need to act now; only six teams can take part in each age group! So read what it’s all about, download the registration form and start fund raising.
Our Recent Radio Interview
Below is a clip of our recent radio interview. Simply click the play button to listen to the interview.
When is it?
Sunday 24 June 2012
Where is it?
Monikie Country Park, Angus
Commando Kids Objective
To raise funds for Commando 999 by inspiring young people to be fit, active and challenge themselves and create a festival atmosphere to the fund raising to broaden the Corps family.
The challenge will be commando themed as follows;
- Commando PT (physical training) – An exercise session with a difference, speed march, log run, fireman carry and obstacle course races – Just like Royal Marines in training.
- Commando Assault – Learn how the Royal Marines work as a team using laser shot weapons to capture the enemy flag.
- Commando Climb – Test your courage, climb to the top of the tower and take the Zip Wire back to the ground – just like the Tarzan Assault Commando Test.
- Commando Canoe – Royal Marines are Britain’s Amphibious Infantry, share the experience crossing the lake in an open canoe.
- Commando OP (observation post) – A Commando must have a sniper’s eye – see how many objects you can spot hidden in the landscape.
Commando Kids is not just about the challenge, fuel your exertions with the Commando 999 menu at Byzantium Café, your parents can relax on the patio listening to modern choirs and bands, playing throughout the day. There will be more fun stuff to do after your challenge with bouncy castles, magic shows and displays to enjoy.
Commando Kids is only a week away, we still have plenty of spaces so
apply today. We can take applications from individuals or teams. Anyone
aged between 9 and 16 years old can take part.
– for those who have already applied the start time is 0900.
– for those applying this week (commencing 18/06) the start time is
All those taking part must attend a briefing at the base camp marque 15
minutes before their start time.
On completion of the event there will be a presentation of a completion
certificate for you by a special guest.
Tracksuit / combat trousers or similar, trainers or lightweight boots, your very own Commando Kids T-shirt will be issued. A change of clothes is recommended – you will get hot, sweaty, muddy and wet! There are changing / showering facilities available.
Download the registration form here. Fill it in, get a parent or guardian to sign it and send it to
‘Commando Kids 2012’, c/o A Taylor,
Tigh an Tober, Templehall,
In order to take part in the challenge you will have to raise some sponsorship money for Commando 999. To book a place a deposit of £10 each person is required. There is no minimum amount to raise but
if you ask your parents, grandparents, aunties, uncles and friends it’ll soon mount up!!
You need to visit the Just Giving website using the button below to create your very own fundraising page, make sure your share this on Facebook, Twitter, etc… to encourage donations.
You can also raise money using a sponsorship form, download one here
Commando Kids is hosted by;
Commando 999 www.commando999.com
Angus Council Ranger Service www.angus.gov.uk/leisure/rangerservice.htm
Byzantium Café www.byzantiumcafe.co.uk
Battlefield Live Dundee www.battlefieldlivedundee.co.uk
Royal Marines Association www.royalmarinesassociation.org.uk
Captive Minds www.captiveminds.com